The Guardian’s Google Street View specialist Halley Docherty has released an incredible new series of images that bring together famous album covers and their modern-day settings. Docherty uses Google Street View to pinpoint the exact location that’s depicted in the album cover, and then meticulously lines up the Street View scene and the album cover so that they blend together seamlessly. The series features albums by iconic artists like Bob Dylan, Oasis, the Beatles, and Led Zeppelin.
Oh, Elsa. What are we going to do with you.
Frozen is purportedly set in the 1830’s-40’s, but I’ve been obsessed with finding a style that could marry her coronation gown with her ice gown more seamlessly; the open robes you see during the Regency era, including those being worn by Scandinavian royalty at the time, seemed a particularly apt analog for her… weird underarm-cape. Thing. You also see her mom wearing something very similar for something like ten years, so it’s not a huge stretch to think it could be a popular look in Arendelle. THAT’S MY EXCUSE.
I initially designed this for her coronation, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to explore how that same silhouette might work with her ice gown as well. Someday, theoretically, I would love to do a more literally iced-up version of her gown, but I figured the alternate colour way would be a nice middle ground to strike.
Beautiful Rudeness - hand type
I need to try my hand at calligraphy
The Most Beautiful Trees In The World
- Portland Japanese Garden, Portland, Oregon. Photo: Unknown
- Red maples trees path. Photo: Ildiko Neer
- Most beautiful wisteria tree in the world. Photo: Brian Young
- Yellow autumn in Central Park, New York. Photo: Christopher Schoenbohm
- Amazing Angel Oak Tree, Charlston, Photo by Mark Requidan.
- Cherry blossom tree path, Germany. Photo: Shoeven
- California in autumn. Photo: Mizzy Pacheco
- Jacaranda trees in bloom, South Africa. Photo: Falke
- Ponthus beech tree in Brocéliande forest, France. Photo: Christophe Kiciak
- Beautiful cherry blossom road. Photo: Unknown